Friday, September 11, 2009

In the Mind of Miyazaki


So I've established that the Friday evening cartoons on Toonami are not what interest me, so what does catch my attention? Allow me to introduce to you one of the world's most genius feature film, let alone anime producers: Hayao Miyazaki. When one watches his movies, one becomes enveloped in the world he so vividly creates. Some of his most famous works include Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and Naussica of the Valley of the Wind.
For my personal favorite, I'm torn between Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Both of those- hell, all of his movies find the perfect balance of character development, vivid settings, imagination and story-telling. Needless to say, he is my favorite producer. Whether you are an anime fan or not, I strongly urge you to watch one of his movies if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment